Thursday, February 20, 2014
|INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 9oz(250 g) fine wheat flour;
- 8 eggs, separated;
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk;
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) heavy cream;
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar;
- 1 stick (125 g) butter;
- A few drops of bitter almond extract;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla scented sugar;
- Preserves of your choice;
- Confectioners' sugar;
- Sift the flour into a mixin bowl, mix in the egg yolks, one by one;
- Incorporate the milk, cream, sugar, softened butter and a pinch of salt;
- Add the bitter almond extract and vanilla-scented sugar;
- Leave to rest for 2 hours;
- Whip the 8 egg whites to firm peaks and fold them into mixture;
- Butter a small frying pan. When it is hot, pour just enough batter to make a thin layer and spread it out evenly. Cook until it just begins to brown and then flip over;
- Turn the oven to the 'broil' function;
- The preserves should be thick enough not to liquefy when they come into contact with heat;
- Fold the pancakes in two, spread out a very thin layer of preserves on the upper side, and then fold over again to form triangular shapes.
- Arrange them on a platter and dust with confectioners' sugar. Place the platter in the oven just long enough to allow a glaze to form on the top;
- Serve hot!
|You can find similar recipes in "The complete Bocuse" This book really is fool of amaizing recipes!