- Remove the Red Currant from the stems, wash and puree in the blender;
- Line a sieve over a bowl, pour the Red Current puree into the sieve and rub it through the sieve, collecting the juice in the bowl;
- Shake out all that is left in the sieve into a saucepan, add the water and the sugar and bring it to the boil;
- Dissolve the starch in cold water (100 ml) and add it to the saucepan. Stir well, bring to the boil, remove from the heat and let cool;
- Pour the juice from the bowl into the saucepan and stir.