Blog posts of '2014' 'August'
Einkorn is one of the oldest cultivated wheat. It is not hybridized like modern wheat and in contrast with more modern forms of wheat can be recommended in any gluten-free diet.
|INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- 1white onion peeled and thinly sliced;
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped;
- 1 tomato sliced;
- smoked bacon 2 thin slices, cut into small lardons;
- pinch of saffron threads;
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped;
- chicken stock (1L/1 quart);
- goat cheese(200gr/6.5oz);
- pecorino cheese(40g/1.5oz);
- olive oil;
- salt and pepper;
- Soak the einkorn overnight in a bowl of cold water;
- Put a saucepan on the heat, add a splash of the olive oil and add the bacon, let it brown a little bit;
- Add onion and garlic, cook until translucent;
- Add tomato, sage and saffron;
- Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes;
- Drain the einkorn and transfer it to the saucepan;
- Mix again, to let einkorn to soak all the fragrant juices;
- Pour the chicken stock, cover, reduce the heat and let it cook for an hour;
- Cut the goat cheese in 1 inch cubes and put it in the saucepan;
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- If you prefer a smooth creamy texture you can blend the soup;
- Pour the soup into soup plates and sprinkle with pecorino cheese;
WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUSAGE
-Tuesday, August 5, 2014
|INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
- white chocolate (250g/9oz);
- 2 egg yolks;
- butter (100g/3.5oz) soft, but not melted;
- Italian biscotti (300g/10.5oz);
- dried apricots (200g/7oz);
- coffee espresso (100 ml/3.5 oz), cooled;
- brown sugar (30g/1oz);
- Melt the chocolate over a hot-water bath;
- Crush the biscotti in the blender until they are very fine crumbs, put aside;
- Grind the dried apricots in the blender, put aside;
- Begin to whip the butter with the yolks and the brown sugar in the food processor ;
- Add the melted chocolate to the whipping butter, spoon by spoon;
- Add the espresso;
- Add the dried apricots;
- Add the biscotti;
- Continue to whip for another 5 minutes until there is a nice homogeneous mass;
- Now you have to create a tube of a parchment paper. Take 50''(130cm) of parchment paper, fold it in three layers and roll it into a tube of 3''(8cm) in diameter.
- Tie one end of the tube with a thread, put it vertically and holding it with one hand spoon the chocolate mass inside the tube.
- Tie another end with a thread and put the "sausage" in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- When "sausage" is firm, remove it from the freezer, gently remove the parchment paper and slice.